Thursday 3 January 2013

Its Resolution time


Hello Reader, I’ve spent the last month trying to put my finger on what has caused this literary drought, and still haven’t found the answer, and I WAS using that as reason not to continue. But I have decided that writing will eventually oil the machine and in the near future we’ll see something of value here. HAHA

It’s funny that I allowed myself to embark on this given my current circumstance. Tomorrow, nay, in exactly nine hours I will be sitting for the toughest paper this semester.
Syntax and Morphology. Look it up, I’m not going to bother with an introduction.

What you do need to know is that I’ve had nightmares about this for a long time now.

Let’s see, what shall we discuss tonight?

Anger. Nice word. I believe anger is going to be my New Year’s Resolution. No. Not to 
be less or more angry...but to discover anger. To explore every possible notion related to this baffling term. If anger were a mouse, I want to discover every imaginable way to trap it.

One thing I realised as this year came to a close is that the world is one angry steaming pot of stew... and people are so determined to get riled up over little things, to hate with such passion, to abhor without reason that I actually believe it maybe makes us happy. Haven’t we realised by now, that it is exhausting? A waste of frowns, teeth gritting and snarling? No, apparently not.

I have struggled with this emotion the whole of 2012, always letting it get the better of me. Just today, I was late for a group study session, not a pardonable 5 or 10 minutes, but a disgusting 45 minutes late!

I was in the bus waiting for it to move for about 40 minutes. And the thoughts that ran through my head were positively scary!

I wanted to jump off the bus, look for the driver and drag him by the hair... to the wheel.

I wanted to jump off the bus, stand in the middle of the street and scream my head 
off...while kicking him in the shins.

I wanted to slap the moron senseless. 

In fact I was working myself up to such a rage that I nearly forgot to apologize to my very annoyed friends

Anyway who needs another pimple,

I don’t want to be known as an angry, scary, emotionally unstable person.


I pity those who are.

2013 is going to be a relaxed and as far as possible, healthy year.
Cheerio!