Tuesday 1 December 2015

Keeping up the Charade (When the wipers flew off)

In this episode

1. Losing wipers
2. replacing wipers

It was a dark and rainy night. I was driving to get to a taekwondo lesson in Uni. However no amount of martial arts could have prepared me for this. In the middle of the storm, my wiper blade (on the driver's side) decides to fly off! We cant stop, there's no side, the lights just turned green and my visibility is now reduced to 10%.


I drove as slowly as possible to our destination and parked nearby. Eventually the rain stopped and we drove home safely.

But what I should have done was
1. Replace the wipers on the passenger side to the one on the driver's side.
OR
2. Remove the wipers on the back and fit it on the front. Unfortunately I didn't know how to do it at the time.
Subsequently, when I got a new pair, I asked the guy to teach me, and hey! It's surprisingly simple!
Most wipers I've seen use a simple clip to fasten them..
and you'll be done in 2 minutes. unless, your wipers are rusted (like mine were)


click here for a quick Youtube tutorial on changing your wipers. Super easy.
So next time your wipers fly off or malfunction, just remember, YOU'VE GOT OPTIONS!

No comments: