Wednesday 14 December 2016

Nothingness

Hello reader, please ignore the sudden eager poetry. Doesn't everyone go through a rhyming phase at some point? No? Oh well. This is a throwback to a couple of months ago, when I was losing hair but not my mind and not my appetite. A time, when nothing had a rhyme.


|You told me you missed me. There was a heavy momentous pause. A pause that the movies never allowed after an "I miss you".A pause that in its lack of words, explained everything. The wait was over. I sighed and told you not to say that. You asked if I was angry, annoyed, pissed off, your voice tinged with  a crazy hope that I was. I replied, stifling a yawn, no, I was just tired. I felt nothing else. I closed my eyes and tried to conjure up those same three words. All I could see was an endless line of yawns. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.|

No comments: